Oak Ridge, New Jersey

On November 9, 2007, I ordered Tickets to Broadways “The Little Mermaid” from the Ticket Company ‘Stubhub’. I purchased 2 tickets to the December 29th 8:00pm performance. My package was delivered by Federal Express on November 13, 2007. Due to the fact that my father had recently passed away, being very busy with his affairs, I did not have an opportunity to OPEN the FedEx package until November 22,2007. At that time, I discovered that I had been sent 2 tickets to NOVEMBER 29th performance. An entire month prior to the tickets I purchased. I immediately called StubHub and was told that the seller was a reputable seller and that they would likely send me the correct tickets, and that someone would call me.

On November 26, 2007, having not heard from anyone, I called again and was advised by StubHub that my 3day ‘grace’ period had expired, and that I was basically stuck with the November 29th tickets. That even though this was an error on the part of ticket representative, I was basically out $275.00.

Finding this result perfectly unacceptable, I tried in vain to speak with supervisors, all the while being told that I was stuck, despite the fact that I DID NOT get the item I had purchased. I was welcome to use the November 29th tickets. Well, Broadway is on strike now. So I inquired, what do I do with November 29th tickets, since the show is on Sticke. StubHubs response was, if you had a receipt, purchasing November tickets, we could refund you, but since you have a receipt for DECEMBER tickets, we can’t refund you, because as far as we are concerned you have DECEMBER tickets…. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????????

I find this type of business practice completely reprehensible. To hold me accounatable for the human error on the part of StubHub and then the entire Broadway Strike is not only poor business but wildly insane.

I would definately reconsider my dealings with Stub Hub and I am hoping to reach everyperson on the internet

Had an Experience with StubHub?

Comments

Seatcrew

You should try our site, Seatcrew.com.We charge zero fees and we show you ratings and reviews of the person on the other side of the transaction so you can make an educated decision on which tickets to buy.

Plus, we list tickets by geographical location so you can avoid shipping fees.Let us know if you like it @Seatcrew

StubHub screwed me too

I ordered tickets for a hockey game on 9/1.seller confirmed that day and promised delivery by 9/8.

My credit card was charged.

So far no tickets and StubHub refuses to do anything.Their guarantee is 110% a lie and totally useless.

StubHub is a haven for rip-off artists and they should be indicted for interstate fraud and the principals of the company sent to jail.

That ***ks

But you had 3 days to open the package and find this out. I understand you had a death in the family, but that doesn't exempt you from any mistakes. It's like buying anything from any business- there is a return policy.